Ken's 1st opponent was number 22 qualifier, Juha Rintanen from Finland with his new 2JZ powered S15. Ken lead with another smooth lead run and a close follow run for a Top 32 win...
After the Formula Drift half-time break, Ken faced off with his SR by Toyota teammate, Ryan Teurck in a similarly built 2JZ-powered Toyota 86. The two were so equally matched in the 16 bracket battle, it took a OMT (one more time battle) for the judges to award Ken the win. Many fans commented that the battles between Gushi and Teurck were the best of the event...
The Final 4 finds Gitten vs Heilbrunn and Gushi vs. Forsberg. This Semi-Finals match up against Chris Forsberg and his Nutritious injected V8 370Z, is a rematch from the previous round in Orlando. Ken pushes extra hard for an aggressive chase run, but ends up running out of space off the bank in the transition, ending the night in 4th place.
The GReddy Racing - Nexen Tire - SR by Toyota 86 Team is happy to report, Ken Gushi still in the hunt for the 2016 Formula Drift Championship, with 4 rounds to go... in Montreal, Seattle, Fort Worth and Irwindale.
Going into the July 15-16. round 5, at Autodrome St. Eustache, Montreal, Canada, our SR by Toyota Team leads the Formula Drift Manufacture's Championship and our Nexen Tires Team leads the Formula Drift Tire Manufacture's Championship.
Technical partners: SR by Toyota, Nexen Tires, Rays Engineering/Gram Lights, KW Suspension, Wisefab, Wilwood, Rocket Bunny/Pandem, Turbo by Garrett, WPC, Supertech, OS Giken, APR Performance, Wilwood, Ignition Projects, NGK Spark Plugs, Redline Oil, BC Brian Crower, Takata Bluemoon Performance, Tuned by N8, Boost Brigade.
Round 4: The Gauntlet Event Results
1. Gittin, Vaughn Monster Energy / Nitto Tire Ford Mustang RTR Winner
2. Forsberg, Chris NOS Energy Drink / Hankook Tire Nissan 370Z 2nd Place
3. Heilbrunn, Alex RTS Monster BMW M3 3rd Place
4. Gushi, Ken GReddy Racing / Nexen Tire SR by Toyota 86 4th Place
5. Moen, Kenny Team Boost Lock BMW E46 5th Place
6. Aasbo, Fredric Rockstar Energy Drink / Nexen Tire SR by Toyota tC 6th Place
7. Field, Matt Falken Tire / Driftcave Motorsports Nissan 240 7th Place
8. Essa, Michael Loudmouth Exhaust / Achilles Tire BMW M3 8th Place
9. Kearney, Dean Oracle Lighting Dodge Viper 9th Place
10. Yoshihara, Dai Falken Tire / Turn 14 Subaru BRZ 10th Place
11. Bakchis, Aurimas Ark Performance / Feal Suspension / Falken Hyundai Genesis 11th Place
12. Tuerck, Ryan Gumout / Nameless Performance / Hankook Tire SR by Toyota FR-S 12th Place
13. Nishida, Robbie Achilles Radial Infiniti G35 13th Place
14. Pawlak, Justin Roush Performance Ford Mustang 14th Place
15. Bluss, Kristaps HGK / Mast / Motul / Achilles BME E46 15th Place
16. Wang, Forrest Get Nuts Lab / Hankook Tire Nissan 240 16th Place
2016 Formula DRIFT Championship Presented by BlackVue Standings After 3 Events
1. Gittin, Vaughn Monster Energy / Nitto Tire Ford Mustang RTR 298.00 Points
2. Aasbo, Fredric Rockstar Energy Drink / Nexen Tire SR by Toyota tC 258.00 Points
3. Forsberg, Chris NOS Energy Drink / Hankook Tire Nissan 370Z 252.00 Points
4. Gushi, Ken GReddy Racing / Nexen Tire SR by Toyota 86 200.00 Points
2016 Manufacturer Championship Standings After 4 Events
1. SR by Toyota 459.00 Points
2. Ford 404.00 Points
3. Nissan 339.00 Points
4. BMW 297.00 Points
5. Mazda 171.00 Points
6. Chevrolet 169.00 Points
7. Dodge 119.00 Points
8. Infiniti 102.00 Points
9. Lexus 70.00 Points
2016 Tire Championship Standings After 4 Events
1. Nexen 536.00 Points
2. Falken 456.00 Points
3. Nitto 450.00 Points
4. Hankook 425.00 Points
5. Achilles 383.00 Points
7. GT Radial 229.00 Points