When GReddy built a 2011 Scion tC for the SEMA show in November 2010, it was just the beginning. At the time there were no plans to continue the car into a racing program – but when GReddy recognized the potential of the tC platform that's just what they did.
GReddy's goal was to keep the tC a "street-able track car" that could be replicated by any Scion Owner. In building it, the GReddy team used products available for purchase as much as possible, alongside some R&D components.
When racing, this car is in the hands of driver Takeshi Aizawa. Takeshi just happens to be one of the GReddy R&D masterminds as well as Ken Gushi's spotter during Formula D events with the GReddy FR-S. During the 2011 Time Attack Season, the team took home 1 win and multiple 2nds. This year they've continued with the Redline Time Attack events and have added another challenge, Pike's Peak International Hill Climb (PPIHC).
Not only does the grueling 156 turns of the PPIHC take utmost driver skill, it also takes a car that can endure the 4,720 foot climb in a mere 12.42 miles – resulting in a 30% power drop at the top due to thin air. To prepare for this race, the only major change was a new weld in roll cage and some other safety features along with Hankook Z221 Tires (265/35/R18). The GReddy tC has shown so far it's success as a street-able racing platform, and with the GReddy race team we know it will make us proud at the PPIHC.
GReddy Performance X Scion Racing Turbo tC2
- Chassis: 2011 Scion tC (AGT20)
- Engine: Turbocharged 2.5L (2AR-FE) / 6 speed
- Power: 364hp / 325ft/lbs
- TD05H-18G Tuner Turbo Kit with SUS exhaust manifold & Type-T external wastegate and Type 28 V-Spec front-mounted Intercooler & Airinx AZ-MB
- e-Manage Ultimate Engine Control
- 70mm RS Racing Sport Exhaust System
- prototype 13row Oil Cooler Kit with pump
- prototype forged pistons and connecting rods
- custom roll cage
- Full Auto Turbo Timer II
- Inforrmeter TOUCH engine monitor
- Type-S Coil-over Suspension System
- High Pressure Radiator Cap
- Oil Catch Tank - SL
- Sports Oil Filter
- Magnetic Engine Oil Pan Bolt
- Hankook Z221 Tires - 265/35/R18
- Rays Engineering - Volk Racing G2 wheels
- TRD - Big Brake Kit
- TRD - Anti Sway Bars
- OS Giken - Clutch Type LSD
- OS Giken - Twin Plate Clutch
- WPC - Engine and Transmission surface treatment
- Five:AD - Aero Kit
- Papadakis Racing - FRP Roof
- APR - GT Wing
- APR - Front and Rear Carbon Splitters
- Sparco Evo Seats, Harnesses, & Steering Wheel
- Energy Suspension - Bushing Set
Keep an on the Greddy tC's racing performance by: checking out ScionRacing.com, visiting GReddy's Blog, or following Scion Racing on Facebook.