Watch Dsport's Review Video...
RECAP: of the 86 Challenge
With a winning overall score of 239pts, the Greddy Performance Products GTX2867R Gen 2 Tuner Turbo Kit FRS Challenger takes Win over the other Forced Induction challengers...
NOTE: For reliability reasons, GPP doe not recommend boosting more then 12psi on a stock FA20 engine. Overboosting can lead to premature engine failure.
- 239pts. - GPP tuner turbo kit - (268.70hp / 208.38ft-lb @10.7psi)
- 236pts. - HKS turbo kit - (285.63hp / 221.05ft-lb @15.22psi)
- 199pts. - Edelbrock supercharger kit - (248.29hp / 182.45ft-lb @13.79psi)
- 193pts. - Vortech supercharger kit - (228.20hp / 183.30ft-lb @10.5psi)
- 148pts. - AVO turbo kit - (253.01hp / 222.85ft-lb @10.7psi)
The GTX2867R Gen2 Turbocharger in the GPP Tuner Turbo Kit is rated for 550hp and is easily able to make even more power by increasing the boost level (additional engine strengthening required)
To equalize all competitors, each car used the stock oem FA20 engine with the same: engine oil, radiator, oil cooler, coil-overs, anti-sway bars, brake pads, brake rotors, wheels, tires. They were also tuned by the same tuner on 91 octane.
THE GPP RESULTS
The GPP Turbocharged FR-S had the quickest track lap, the second highest dyno numbers (at a 4.5psi lower base boost level) and second highest overall Editor's Driving Impression score.
|GPP GTX2867R Gen2 Turner Turbo Kit - p/n 11518000|